- The surviving victim, Gurmej Atwal, is now deemed in serious condition (upgraded from critical condition) in hospital. The funeral for Surinder Singh is on Saturday.
- While the motive of this shooting is still unclear (and no confirmation on whether the victims were targeted for their appearance), police have been actively investigating this crime for leads, including the unprecedented set-up of a checkpoint at the scene to solicit information from the public. Federal investigators are also involved.
- A candlelight vigil is scheduled for tomorrow (Friday, March 11) from 6 to 7 PM at the location of the shooting.
- The reward for information leading to the arrest of the person(s) responsible for this attack has now exceeded $42,000. These funds have been raised by the Sikh community, local Jewish groups, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, and the Elk Grove Police Department. This has truly been a community and multi-faith effort.
- Anyone who would like to contribute to the reward fund can contact attorney Amar Shergill: email@example.com.
- Anyone who has seen or heard anything that might pertain to the case should call Crime Alert at (916) 443-4357 or the Elk Grove Police Department at (916) 714-5115.
Let us continue to pray for the families of Surinder Singh and Gurmej Atwal, the continued recovery of Gurmej Atwal, and that the prepetrators will be brought to justice soon.